The most intense culinary showdown returns bigger and better than ever with the new Netflix series Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend. Challenger chefs face-off against notable Iron Chefs hand-selected by The Chairman to compete for the golden knife and the title of Iron Legend.
Note: The following article does NOT spoil the winners.
If you’re curious what kind of challenges, cooking techniques, food themes and secret ingredients you can anticipate seeing in the show’s eight episodes, we have created a helpful guide to consult while planning out your binge-watch.
Quest for an Iron Legend: All challenges and secret ingredients
Below we’ll detail all of the challenges you’ll see and the secret ingredients used in each episode. We won’t spoil the winners of the show here, but if you’re interested in skipping around this guide will help you figure out which episodes to start watching first!
- Episode 1: This episode sees Challenger Mason Hereford face-off against Iron Chef Curtis Stone. Their challenge is street food-inspired and they must use lamb in all five dishes.
- Episode 2: It’s all about tailgating in episode 2, which focuses on Challenger Esther Choi competing against Iron Chef Marcus Samuelsson. They must use ribs in the creation of our four of their dishes.
- Episode 3: In the third episode, Challenger Curtis Duffy goes head-to-head with Iron Chef Dominique Crenn in a farm-to-table competition. Each chef must make five dishes that includes a pastry element and some kind of milk (goat, milk, sheep, buffalo or camel).
- Episode 4: Episode 4 provides a twist on the format as it does not feature any Challenger Chefs. Instead, four Iron Chefs compete against each other in a Medieval Battle that must feature game birds, mushrooms and grapes spread throughout four dishes.
- Episode 5: Challenger Claudette Zepeda and Iron Chef Ming Tsa complete in a chocolate battle for the ages in the creation of five dishes each.
- Episode 6: Chili peppers are the secret ingredient in this spicy showdown between Challenger Yia Vang and Iron Chef Gabriela Cámara.
- Episode 7: Challengers Mei Lin and Gregory Gourdet compete against an Iron Chef to make five dishes based around farm-raised white sturgeon (caught fresh and alive on the Kitchen Stadium stage!).
- Episode 8: In this intense finale hour, the Challenger Chef that rises through the ranks competes against ALL five Iron Chefs in a sea-themed battle for the title of Iron Legend.
Iron Chef: Quest for the Iron Legend is now streaming on Netflix.